Friday, March 26, 2010

Lovers Stand On Every Corner

Backgrounder: “I don’t have a recollection of any incident that sparked this song. Maybe my wife didn’t pay for coffees one morning at The Little Red Roaster in Wortley Village and I got all pouty and hurt. Maybe I have an over-active imagination.” gaharrison

Lovers Stand On Every Corner

Verse 1. Saw you walking passed my door,
went to call but then I swore,
we can’t return to where we’ve been,
and life’s too short to open up that wound again.
Saw you at our old café,
couldn’t find the words to say,
like, let’s just have an easy talk and not get close
and open up that wound again.


Chorus:

Lovers, stand on every corner,
remind me of what might have been.
Words I’ve never said
have opened up that wound again.
Alone now, my head is on your pillow,
knowing there’s no answer
to things that I’ve done wrong.
Mistakes that I have made
have opened up that wound again.

2. Walked behind you to your street,
inched along on silent feet.
I practiced words, found a few.
But can words help us open up our hearts again?
Shuffled home, went to the phone.
Could one call just bring you home,
and stir our minds to better times?
But can words help us open up our hearts again?

Saw you walking passed my door,
went to call then I swore,
we can’t return to where we’d been,
life’s too short to open up that wound again.
Saw you at our old café, couldn’t find the words to say.

gah

Please click here to read this week’s column.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment